In the late 80’s when I was attending one of my mandated military officer schools, we were assigned to  small study groups along with officers from allied military forces from countries across the globe.  In one of these groups was an officer in the Saudi Arabian army which a friend of mine had been assigned to mentor and escort.  This was part of a program that helped the foreign military officers assimilate and find their way around while they were attending our schools and was part of our diplomatic programs to foster friendship with nations we were allied with or wished to be allied with.  As you can imagine, the escort/mentors had a pretty big job sometimes, especially when there were language or cultural conflicts.  One day, as my friend was escorting this officer in a visit to a local mall, the officer’s wife was in tow, a few steps behind the two men.  As they approached the doors of the mall, this Saudi officer allowed my friend to enter, then the man let the door go, closing right in the face of his wife.  A stranger from the local area, a young man, had been leaving the mall at just that instant and watched what he interpreted as a very rude gesture and immediately launched into a verbal tirade against the Saudi officer.   My friend had a really hard time defusing the situation and explaining the seemingly rude actions of this man.

The man meant nothing by his actions.  This was typical of his Islamic culture in which women are looked on as inferior beings and are frequently treated poorly.   But this is a shining example of why we should be very careful in our interactions with practitioners of the Islamic faith.  We can witness to them and even find ways to give loving service to them, but we should never, ever water down the truth of our faith, nor deny the full truth of who Jesus is (or other key biblical tenets) so that we can reach them.  Not all people are so careful.  In fact, there is a supposedly Christian group that is intent on erasing the differences between Christianity and Islam and merging the two religions.  Some have called this unholy alliance Chrislam.  And despite denials by some of its adherents, to include well known pastor Rick Warren, their words and actions betray what’s in their hearts.  Moreover, faithful men of God such as Jack Van Impe have tried to call them out on their apostasy and have suffered for their witness by being shut out of the power corridors and media platforms.

Comments

nice
03/04/2017 7:27am

well

03/04/2017 11:26am

The writer compares the Muslims and Christians in different ways and praise both the religion. This post is a great message to the humanity to live life peacefully and love the surrounds. Your topics are really amazing and I am waiting for the new one to pop in.

Jim
07/04/2017 5:38am

Cool!

07/04/2017 5:42am

I personally wanted to thank you, Sir! Because of your hard work and for the things you have done to save the world. You are our hero because you fought for us night and day. By that my thoughts and prayers are with you, Sir. Thank you for everything and may the Lord guide you every day!

07/10/2017 11:41pm

I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job!

08/29/2017 5:04pm

I have to say that Modern Church is better in terms of some technicalities and some minor things compared to how churches are being held before. But in terms of faith, discipline and devotion, late churches are surely way better. It is true that teaching Gospel is now being made easier because of our access with let's say gadgets and other stuffs. But I am fully aware that people before are way more dedicated with how they serve in the Lord. And I admit that I envy them for being like that. Their faith is stronger that the storms that they are experiencing.

Author

I'm a retired soldier, having spent 23 years of my life serving our country, actually 30 years when you count the reserve and National Guard time as well.  I believe in servant leaders, following the example of our Lord, and I believe in giving back to the troops once one has attained a certain status or level of success in life.  But I also believe in fighting back against corruption and incompetence wherever you find it if it hurts people.  Our national values were worth dying for.  They are also worth living for.  A man or woman can actually live a life by these principles of humility, service, love, duty, and honor, and have a significant impact on the world around them...if you have the dedication to see it through.